Acest concept urmărește importanța întregului în sensul desființării opozițiilor pe baza cărora este fundamentat, precum și demonstrarea complexității ireductibile, instabile a părților sale.
Printre cei mai importanți filozofi care au influențat deconstructivismul se pot număra,
- Video of Jacques Derrida attempting to define "Deconstruction"
- "Deconstruction" in Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- "Deconstruction" in Stanford Presidential Lectures in the Humanities and Arts
- "Deconstruction" in Encyclopedia Britannica"
- "Deconstructing History" by Alun Munslow
- "Deconstruction" in "Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy"
- "Deconstructionist Theory" by Richard Rorty
- "German Law Journal special number about Derrida and Deconstruction"
- "Critical Legal Studies Movement" and the use of Deconstruction"
- "Deconstruction: Some Assumptions" by John Lye
- A Bibliography of Literary Theory, Criticism, and Philology by José Ángel García Landa (Deconstruction found under: Authors & Schools - Critics & Schools - Poststructuralism - On Deconstruction)
- Ten ways of thinking about deconstruction by Willy Maley
- Archive of the international conference "Deconstructing Mimesis - Philippe Lacoue-Labarthe" about the work of Lacoue-Labarthe and his mimetic version of deconstruction, held at the Sorbonne in January 2006
- How To Deconstruct Almost Anything - My Postmodern Adventure by Chip Morningstar; a cynical introduction to 'deconstruction' from the perspective of a software engineer.
- Jacques Derrida: The Perchance of a Coming of the Otherwoman. The Deconstruction of Phallogocentrism from Duel to Duo by Carole Dely, English translation by Wilson Baldridge, at Sens Public
- Ellen Lupton on deconstruction in Graphic Design
- Deconstruction of fashion; La moda en la posmodernidad by Adolfo Vasquez Rocca
- An alternative look at deconstruction, from a perspective of its use in popular culture